Online Product Catalog with Google Checkout
- Assign product to multiple categories
- Each Category page has its own Html Editor where you can insert text, images or video do describe the category
- Categories are displayed as left column menus
- Clicking on a category will expose all sub-categories under the parent category. Only the parent category selected displays its sub-categories. All other sub-categories are clasped until its parent category is selected.
- Add unlimited products
- Each product can have unlimited photos attached, which get displayed as an image-box on the product detail page. Clicking on any image will display a pop-up slide show of all attached images.
- Each product has a Retail and Sale price. If the items is on sale the Retail price is shown with a red line through it with the Sale price close by.
- Each product has a SKU number or product number
- There is an optional SIZE text field, where you can enter any content, such as “S, M, L, XL”. At this time the product catalog does not display the SIZE options as a radio button or drop down list, and does not track individual SIZE options through the Ameravant checkout system. Many 3rd party checkout systems will offer this on the checkout screens.
- Each product has a full html description
- Every product can have unlimited “Related Products”. Related Products are other products in the Product Catalog that will be displayed at the bottom of the main product page. Clicking any related product will make that product the main product on the screen.
- Featured Products – Any product can be Featured in the right side column on the home page of the website by simply clicking the Featured checkbox on the product page. Multiple Featured Products are randomly displayed each time the home page is refreshed.
- Homepage Featured Content Slideshow – If the module called “Featured Content Slideshow” is purchases, images of products can also be featured in a slide show on the home page.
- Products can be purchased via 3rd party checkout systems like Google Checkout, PayPal, 1Shoppingcart.com, etc.
- Cost to customize layout or style of the Product Catalog is not included in the cost of the system, and is quoted separately based on the desires of each client
SiteNinja uses Google Checkout for payment processing. Below is a cost/benefit analysis of using Google Checkout vs. traditional checkout. Traditional checkout is where you, the owner of the site, has your own merchant account.
- If you have your own checkout built into your website
- Purchase Merchant Account: $200
- Monthly Merchant Fee: $25
- Transaction Rate: 2.2+%
- Transaction Fee: $.35 cents
- Annual Fee: $40
- 2-year Merchant Contract
- SSL Certificate Installed on your domain: $110 for 2 years
- Labor cost to renew certificate: $50
- You bear the liability of accepting credit card info into your website
- Flat rate shipping per order
- Google Checkout, www.google.com/merchants
- No application fee
- No Transaction fee, only transaction rate
- No annual fee
- No SSL fee
- Month-to-Month Merchant Contract
- Visitor never leaves your Product Page, because the cart displays in a layer on top of the product page. Traditional carts force you to click a button to continue shopping.
- Google bears the liability of accepting credit card information
- www.google.com/merchants - to create your Merchant account
- System to Manage Sales Tax
- System to Manage Shipping
- Flat Rate per order
- Custom Rates based on Total Cost, number of items or total weight
- Real-time Shipping from UPS, FedEx and USPS
- System to manage digital download products
- Generate an Invoice to any Email address, to be paid by Google Checkout
- Create Coupons for discounts to your customers
- Create Promotions:
- $X off for all orders that meet a minimum cart amount
- Minimum purchase amount
- Start and End dates on all promotions
- Integration with other popular shopping carts
- Buy Now buttons for products not in the Product Catalog
- Download Transactions to CSV file.
- Monthly Transaction Fees
- Sales under $3,000 – 2.9% + $0.30
- 3K – 10K – 2.5% + $0.30
- 10K – 100K – 2.2% + $0.30
- 100K + 1.9% + $0.30
- Option for you to submit your products to Google’s online Product Catalog, to expose your products to a wide audience.
We hope you see, as we did, the Google Checkout system offers much more functionality than a traditional Merchant account, and at a much lower setup price.
Here are some useful links to help you better understand Google Merchant Account and Google Checkout.
Brien, please review the links below to better understand the Product Catalog and Google Merchant and Google Checkout systems.
- How to Create a Google Merchant Account
- How to Verify your Domain for your Google Merchant Account
- How to Create a Google Checkout account
- How to connect your Google Merchant Account to your Google Checkout Account
Create your Google Merchant Account: www.google.com/merchants