Linking Text and Photos
- Highligh your text.
- Click the "Insert Link" icon in the Html editor
- Paste or type the URL of the page you want to link.
- If you are linking to a page outside your site, type the full URL, http://www.cnn.com.
- If you are linking to a page within your site, only use the portion of the URL after your full domain name. For example the Contact Us page of your site has a URL of http://www.yourdomain.com/inquire. You would only use "/inquire" in the Linked field.
- If you want the linked page to open in the current browser window, you don't need to change any settings.
- If you want your linked page to open a NEW browser window, then from the "Target" field, select "Open in New Window".
- NOTE: it is considered more User-friendly to not force links to open new browser windows. Current trend is to let the visitor decide if they want to right-click on the link and open in a new Tab window or new Browser window.
- Save the link window
- You cannot link photos attached to a page, because clicking on a photo is reserved to pop-up a larger view of the photo.
- You can link the Caption Text shown under the small and medium size photos. here are the instructions:
- Follow the steps for Linking Text (see above)
- We will use the example of linking to the Contact Us page of the site
- You must copy the Html text that caused the link and paste it into the Caption field of the image. To do this, click the HTML button on the Editor
- Find the text that looks like this, <a href="/inquire">Contact Us</a>
- Go to the Image Edit screen and place <a href="/inquire">Contact Us</a> in the Caption field for the image
- Save the image
- Go to the public page where a small or medium size image is dipslayed
- Click the Caption link to visit the Contact Us page