Google Webmail and Downloading
Email to your Computer
With the following instructions, you will be able to:
- Log into your Google Application Webmail
- Check mail in your Inbox
- Configure your desktop or laptop computer to download your Google mail.
- For help in understanding the difference between Google Email and Desktop Email, view the videos below
- To configure your desktop Email program with your Google or Gmail Email accounts, follow the instructions on this page. You will need to deside if you want POP Email or IMAP Email. IMAP is the preferred Email because it allows you to sync your email between all your devices (phone, home computer, work computer) https://mail.google.com/support/a/google.com/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=1668960&rd=1
How to Log into your Google Application email
NOTE: Google Application Email and Gmail are NOT the same Email service. If you have a Gmail account you can forward your Email to your new Google Application Email account and manage your Email from one location.
- To log into your Email account, go to http://www.google.com/a
- Click the “Sign in here” link, highlighted below
- Enter your domain name after the www. See below. Click the GO button.
- This will log you into your domain.
- Enter your Username and Password, and click the Sign in button
- You can now manage all your Incoming Email.
How to Configure your Computer to receive Google Application Email
- After you log into your Google Email (see above), click the “Settings” menu
- Click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” sub-menu
- Click the “Configuration instructions” link in the “Configure your email client” area
- Click the link for the Email application you are using. If you don’t see your application in the list, click the “Other” link