By Michael Kramer on Dec 14, 2010 at 09:05 PM in Website Tips, Domain Mgt and Hosting, Google Applications
- Log into your Google Webmaster Tools account
- Login URL - http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools
- Click the "Add a site" button to add your domain to Webmaster Tools
- You will see a field appear to enter your domain
- Select a method to verify your domain. If using a SiteNinja CMS site, select the TXT Domain verification
- Host field: point to the domain (in godaddy, this is the @ symbol)
- TXT Value Field: Place the quotes around the long value Google Webmaster gives you, like this:
- After the site is verified, upload your xml site file to Google.
NOTE: You can now use the meta tag option as well if using a SiteNinja site. You must go into Advanced Settings, and insert the code given to the Additional Header Script area. Save, then verify with Google.