By Michael Kramer on Dec 14, 2010 at 08:53 PM in Website Tips, Domain Mgt and Hosting, Google Applications
Malware attacks usually occur on .asp websites, not SiteNinja websites. If you experience Malware attacks, you should consider upgrading to a SiteNinja SEO CMS Website
- Malware is caused when your website allows crawlers to re-save files on your server.
- You can prevent this by turning the write permissions on your server OFF
- From the Digital Housing Server, follow these instruction
- Log into your Control Panel, https://webadmin.digitalhousing.net
- Click the Domain Name you want to lock
- Click the Website Settings Icon
- Click the checkbox for "Website Write Permissions"
- Click the SAVE button
- TO UNLOCK THE SITE
- Return to the Website Settings page and uncheck the Website Write Permissions checkbox.
- You cannot upload files to the server if the Permissions checkbox is checked.
To Remove the Alert in Google's Search directory, that reports your site is infected, you need to request Google re-index the site. To do this follow these general steps:
- Create a https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools account
- Add your domain to the list of domains being managed
- Report your domain to be re-indexed.
- Once in Google Webmaster tools, you can search their help for specific instructions.