Why Use Google Adsense?
Did you know that more than 99% of the people that visit your website will leave without ever requesting to do business with your or opt into an Email list?
So if all these people are leaving your site, there is no monetary value to you. Ugg :-( This is one reason why Google came up with Google Adsense. With Google Adsense you get paid every time a visitor clicks an ad. The nice part about this way of making money is the visitor never needs to purchase anything from you to make money, they just need to click the Google Advertisement Link.
Should You Use Google Adsense on all your web pages?
Defendantly Not! There are pages of your website where you want your visitor to be focused on your products or services. On those pages you should remove any distractions that would lead the visitor in a new direction. The Contact Us page is another place you Do Not want to place advertisements. If someone is going to communicate to you from your Contact Us page, you want to keep them focused. I have personally tracked visitor traffic and get very discouraged when a visitor makes it to my Contact Us page, and never communicates with my company.
Good Pages to Place Advertisements:
There are some pages of your website, mostly in your Blog, where you publish content that is of general information to the public. This article, for example, has nothing to do with someone interested in the Best CMS for Small Business websites. We don't expect anyone of you (well maybe occasionally ;-)) to buy a website from us. So, it's on these pages you want to place your Google Adsense ads. Heck, if 100% of you are leaving our site we might as well make a little money on your way out. It costs you nothing and costs us nothing. It's a win-win! Please do me a BIG favor, if you find an ad of interest, click one of the Google Ads on your way out. It keeps me encouraged to provide more valuable information for the well being of people needing to know how and why to do things.
How to Create a Google Adsense Account:
- Create a Google Adsense account by going to http://www.google.com/adsense. The account is FREE.
- If you already have a login for other Google products, you will be asked if you would like to connect your current account or create a new account. We recommend you use your current Google account login, so all your Google products can be accessed with one login.
- After you agree to their terms, your application will be submitted to Google for review. Within 2 hours to 5 days (usually same day) they will approve or not approve your application. You cannot log into your Adsense account until you are approved.
- Partial Approval - Upon approval, you will receive an Email showing your approval, and a link to log into your account, and start creating ads for your website.
- Full Approval - Until you place ads on your website, Google cannot fully approve you. So the ads you place on your website will be placeholders for Google Ads. Within 5 days Google will visit the ads on your website and make the final approval. Then you will be able to see live ads, and start making money.
How Do I Get Paid from Google?
Each ad on your website has a different commission, depending on how much the owner of the ad is paying Google. You will get a pre-determined commission from each ad. So for example, if the owner of the ad pays Google one dollar $1.00 per click, you could make $.50 fifty cents per click. Not bad! Now don't get any clever ideas that you will personally click on the ads to earn commissions. Google track who is clicking those ads. As part of your Agreement with Google, you agree to not click the ads on your website. If you do, you could loose your privilege to make money with Google.
Google will set a minimum Earnings/Commission threshold for your account. When that threshold is met Google will process a payment check for you. From the time you meet the minimum commission threshold to the time you get paid is about 60 days.
For example, if on January 1st you met the minimum commission threshold, Google will send you a check by the end of February.
How to Add Google Ads to My Website
STEP 1: Access your account.
Visit http://www.google.com/adsense and sign in using the email address and password that you submitted with your application. If you've forgotten your password, visit http://www.google.com/adsense/
STEP 2: Create an AdSense ad unit.
Visit the "My Ads" tab, confirm the product selected is "Content" and click "New ad unit."
STEP 3: Display AdSense ads on your pages.
After you create your ad unit, Google will give you the ad code to paste into the HTML source of your website so that you can show ads (after approval). For help adding the code to your pages, visit the Google Code Implementation Guide. If you don't have access to edit the HTML source of your pages, get help from your webmaster or hosting company.
Can I place Google Ads on more than one website?
Yes, if you have multiple domains, using the 1 Google Adsense account, you can place ads on all your websites. Google will track the new domain and associate it with your account.
If you found this article helpful, and you find one of the Google Ads on this page interesting, please click an ad. You my find something very interesting on the other side.