By Michael Kramer on Nov 02, 2011 at 08:35 AM in Website Tips, Advanced How To, Email, Google Applications
There are several benefits to switching from Outlook, or any installed Email application, to Google Email or Gmail. The benefits include:
- No monthy fees to use Google and Gmail. If you are currently using Outlook with MS Exchange Server, you are paying a monthly fee per Email account.
- Google Email is hosted on the "Cloud", which means you can access your Email from almost anywhere. You do not need to be seated at your own computer
- Google Email is connected with 100's of free, or low cost, 3rd party applications. When you log into your Google account, you are automatically logged into your other 3rd party applications. Many of these applications share common data with Google, like your Contact list.
Before you stop using your current Email application, you need to migrate your data to your Google Email or Gmail account. The How To's below will help you.
How to Sync Google Email with your iPhone
- See instructions: http://www.google.com/support/
- Remember the Username is the entire Email address
How to add Boomerang to your Google Email
- Go to: http://www.boomeranggmail.com/
- Install Boomerang
- You will need to restart your Browser to see Boomerang
How to Share a Calendar
- Log into your Email account
- Click the "Calendar" menu in the upper left of your screen
- From the drop down list showing your calender, select Share This Calendar
- Uncheck to share with everyone at this domain
- Enter the Email address of the person you want to share with
- Select the permissions for that Email address (view all, view blocks, edit calendar)
- Click the SAVE button
How to Export Old Email from MS Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Go to your Inbox
- Follow instructions:http://support.
sherweb.com/Faqs/Show/how-to- export-an-outlook-2010-pst- file-exchange-2007
How to Import Outlook into Gmail
- Log into your Inbox
How to import an Outlook .pst file into Google Email
- There is no easy import tool, so you must create an iMAP Email account in your Outlook list. You will be able to see both your Outlook Email and your Google Email Inbox. Simply Copy/Paste the Email from your Outlook Inbox to your Google Inbox. The transfer could take several minutes, or hours, depending on the number of Emails you are copying. After the copy is complete you can log into your Google Webmail and see all your old Outlook Emails.
- Create an iMAP Email account in your Outlook
- Copy and Paste your Inbox Email from your MS Exchange to your Google Email (iMap) Inbox