"When comparing and contrasting various CMS options, many people will narrow the choices down to WordPress vs. Joomla..."
It's also possible to compare Drupal to these two, but for the purposes of this article it's best just to focus on the two. There are several questions to ask before deciding on any best CMS for small business owners.
1. Does the platform offer out of the box SEO plugins? A WordPress website will not do this for you, and neither will Joomla. This makes it necessary to take care of these needs on your own.
2. Is backup help and support included? You will generally need to hire your own Web Master if you have no experience, because in looking at WordPress vs. Joomla you will see that neither gives the backup support that less tech savvy business owners require.
3. What are the price points on these different CMS options? Both can be obtained for fairly low prices or even for free, making this one of the main benefits. However, you might need to pay for extra maintenance and help.
4. Which CMS option will update modules for you? When looking at WordPress vs. Joomla, you will see that neither option will update modules. It must be done manually on your own, or by paying a web expert.
5. Are these programs managed for you? Both systems are managed by open sources, rather than closed, both will require you to manage them and take care of updates and plug ins on your own.
6. Are there any real differences between WordPress vs. Joomla? On the surface, the design may look different, but both CMS options work in the same way when it comes to management of content and adding articles.
7. Which programs are best for amateurs? If you have no prior experience with SEO or content management, you might not want to choose either program. While WordPress is easy to navigate, it leaves a lot of issues unanswered.
8. Do they use widgets or extensions? WordPress uses widgets, while Joomla uses extensions. Both options will allow you to perform social network integration or other tasks along these lines.
9. Which program is easier to navigate? This will really depend on the individual. When comparing WordPress vs. Joomla, many report that the WordPress admin panel is simpler to navigate.
10. Can I customize my website? Both WordPress and Joomla give the user templates to use, however, changing the templates may require assistance from a web developer. This makes them unsuitable for business owners that lack technical skills in most cases.
Examining WordPress vs. Joomla shows that they may be helpful in many ways. Yet other business owners or website owners may prefer a closed source and fully managed type of CMS instead, in which case they may turn to the options available at www.Site-Ninja.com as an alternative solution.